Minnesota 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Minnesota's 240sx owners and car enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Z31 im slowly building

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
300zx

My Z31 im slowly building Empty
PostSubject: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptySun 13 Sep 2009, 15:22

its not much but only had it a year and its my DD also, but plan on getting some coilovers this summer or as soon as i save up for some ha, and rear 18 inch enkei RPF1 +15, have 17s +18. but ya nothin special i do what i can with it.

My Z31 im slowly building GetAttachment

My Z31 im slowly building Gotmilk
Back to top Go down
Moses

Moses

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptySun 13 Sep 2009, 18:06

Im such a fan of these when done properly...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptySun 13 Sep 2009, 21:43

looks good. im kinda curious bout the "got c-milk?" whats the story behind that?
Back to top Go down
https://minnesota240sx.forumotion.net
DAELEN

DAELEN

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 00:56

whats your plan for coilovers?

LOTS of fab involved in that....best of luck to you man
Back to top Go down
http://nomosnow.wordpress.com/
300zx

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 08:06

haha well the c-milk thing is a nickname my brother and his friends gave to me a while back, and since then its just kinda stuck.

well for the coilovers im gonna be going with some kinda decent ones like megan streets for an s13 to start. For the rear i just hove to hollow out the rubber mount to fit the bigger bolt through the bottom. then should slide right in.

Then for the front its a little more complex, i have to take the whole front spindle off, cut it like to inches or so (i dont quite remeber the exact length off hand) from the bottom which will take the whole spring assembly off, then take the coilover and weld it into the tube where the shock used to sit in. then put it all back.

The only thing is gonna be going really low height, im gonna have some mean camber in the front and rear that i cant adjust.
Back to top Go down
DAELEN

DAELEN

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 08:58

300zx wrote:
well for the coilovers im gonna be going with some kinda decent ones like megan streets for an s13 to start. For the rear i just hove to hollow out the rubber mount to fit the bigger bolt through the bottom. then should slide right in.

sorry to say, but i dont think its that easy........what about the top hat? 300zx is the wrong size/not tall enough for s13 rear coils...(also megan is not a "decent one"....shittly valving....china parts.....all around not quality....go with stance, or PBM) you need to cut, weld, and re-inforce a WHOLE lot.........

read this thread....love this thread...be this thread..
http://www.ziptied.com/forums/index.php?topic=6734.0

300zx wrote:
Then for the front its a little more complex, i have to take the whole front spindle off, cut it like to inches or so (i dont quite remeber the exact length off hand) from the bottom which will take the whole spring assembly off, then take the coilover and weld it into the tube where the shock used to sit in. then put it all back.

yup.....for the most part, sounds right.

300zx wrote:
The only thing is gonna be going really low height, im gonna have some mean camber in the front and rear that i cant adjust.

they all say that...
Back to top Go down
300zx

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 09:36

you dont need to reinforce anything in the rear it has been tested and proven on many z31's. Well just looked it up and found you gotta cut the top hat off and bolt it on the top of the shock. Gonna have to look at that a little closer. Thanks for bringing that up i totally breezed over that.

O i didnt know megans were that bad. I had a couple buddies who used them on their 240s and they worked really good for them. What else goes wrong with them?

i know i would like to reinforce the rear towers cuz it just seems right but i don't know any master welders that could weld it up the right. For dd'ing it should be fine, but if i want to go to competitive drifting which i most likely will i would weld it up and cage it.

How would i adjust it? I honestly have never messed around with camber and castor.

I have envied that thread since i've had this car!! i love that z31, wish i had the time to put a s14 rear subframe in. that would make everything alot nicer.
Back to top Go down
DAELEN

DAELEN

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 10:09

300zx wrote:
you dont need to reinforce anything in the rear it has been tested and proven on many z31's. Well just looked it up and found you gotta cut the top hat off and bolt it on the top of the shock. Gonna have to look at that a little closer. Thanks for bringing that up i totally breezed over that.

yea................many things have been "proven" on the internet......where everyone is right......look at crabs car, look at sbz31's car(to a lesser extent...same idea though)......lots of fab involved in doing it RIGHT.

300zx wrote:
O i didnt know megans were that bad. I had a couple buddies who used them on their 240s and they worked really good for them. What else goes wrong with them?

not that they will blow up, and cause you to die.....in all honesty you wont be able to tell the difference till you put many miles under your belt, BUT...the megans will MOST LIKELY be blown...falling apart.....where as Stance/PBM...will be ready for more.....(plus they are local ish...U.S. at least....customer support)

300zx wrote:
i know i would like to reinforce the rear towers cuz it just seems right but i don't know any master welders that could weld it up the right. For dd'ing it should be fine, but if i want to go to competitive drifting which i most likely will i would weld it up and cage it.

funny you say that......ACTUALLY cars go through just as much, if not more abuse on the streets....think about all the pot holes, bumps...curbs...animals...small children....all absorbed by your SUSPENSION. so yea.....do it right the FIRST time...

300zx wrote:
How would i adjust it? I honestly have never messed around with camber and castor.

camber in the rear is adjusted with your arms(not limbs), like traction rods..toe arms....and other things......(300zx is set up weird....not EXACTLY sure how) but you get the basic idea..
Back to top Go down
300zx

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 10:31

true, i guess it would be right to do it properly the first time. So all in all just reinforcing the rear is what the main thing is when doin this suspension set up?

just remembered i do know a couple of welders up north, that would be up for the task.
Back to top Go down
DAELEN

DAELEN

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 10:35

im not the all knowing on this subject, just read...and watched(buddy did the same shit to an M30)...so i picked up a few things..

ask CRAB on z31 forums, dude is a nice guy(chicago local)..always helpfull!

but yea, re-enforce EVERYTHING...cant be to safe!

also....if you are on D-town, RYAN(oppomoto.com) can weld/fab/wire ANYTHING you need.
Back to top Go down
300zx

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building EmptyMon 14 Sep 2009, 11:23

sweet man thanks a bunch! ya just signed up on D-town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Z31 im slowly building   My Z31 im slowly building Empty

Back to top Go down

My Z31 im slowly building
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota 240sx :: Members Ride-
Jump to: