Minnesota 240sx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for Minnesota's 240sx owners and car enthusiasts.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

engine swap or not...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
240sx-t

240sx-t

engine swap or not... Empty
PostSubject: engine swap or not...   engine swap or not... EmptyThu 17 Mar 2011, 05:13

Hey yall im new to mechanics and just need some guidance. My 240 has a stock 12 valve kade sohc. i want to eventually turbo it. i would like to swap it out to a for a 16 valve kadet dohc. can i turbo the stock de? or is it safer to do the swap then turbro the det? my buddys been telling me to turbo the engine i need a lower compression, i atleast know the de has a lower compression due to 4 less valves than the det. what im getting at is how should i go about tuning and putting a turbo in my 240 to get the most out of it.
Back to top Go down
240sxbigtyler

PostSubject: Re: engine swap or not...   engine swap or not... EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 21:34

hey whats up i want to let u know that this forum is pretty much dead and you should sign up for dtown there pretty cool and its minnesota based and you will get alot more info there and about your info if you have a sohc the correct abbreviation is ka24e the d stands for dual over head cam , and you can turbo your stock ka and you could also turbo your sohc but you cant go much more than 6-8 psi or you risk blowing your motor or frying your internals and i still strongly suggest not unless you know how to do it right , after you swap your ka24e with a ka24de i would completely rebuild it and replace it all with forged internals and stuff
Back to top Go down
240sxbigtyler

PostSubject: Re: engine swap or not...   engine swap or not... EmptyTue 26 Apr 2011, 21:38

also do sign up for dtown and than ask the same question you will or might get some crap from not doing to much research but you will also get alot more replys i mean alot and will also get the info u need
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engine swap or not...   engine swap or not... Empty

Back to top Go down

engine swap or not...
Page 1 of 1